tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <Derrick_K...@skillsoft.com>
Subject RE: Socket Exception - Heavy load
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:12:07 GMT

Are you on a windows environment?

-----Original Message-----
From: shyam [mailto:gshyam_reddy@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 1:41 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Socket Exception - Heavy load

Hi All,

I am doing some performance tests. Under heavy load I get socket exceptions in my tomcat logs

SEVERE: Error, processing connection
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.read(ChannelSocket.java:556)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.receive(ChannelSocket.java:494)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:
614)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:807)
	at
java:644)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I guess it has something to do with jk2 and the sockets. It would be helpful if someone can
explain this and why it is happening?
My configuration is
Apache 2.0.52
Tomcat 5.0.29