tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject A very odd stdout logging thing happened ...
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:18:15 GMT
Hi List,

Well, Tomcat 5.5.5 has been chugging away nicely for some time on 2 servers. Some time ago
however I noticed a difference between them that I cannot explain.

The servers have identical configuration in terms of tomcat. But the STDOUT files on the test
instance are dated, e.g

stdout_20050127.log

Whilst on the live server it is 1 file that grows and on restart is wiped.

Can anybody explain what possibly could have caused this on 2 identically configured 5.5.5
instances?

Thanks, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software