tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject HttpSession usage
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:00:23 GMT
I need to maintain state across two form submissions;
the first one requires that a user confirm an int and string;
the second one records a small amount of metadata, user information
and transaction information.

Am I right in thinking that HttpSession getAttribute and putAttribute
are the right way to acess  and record such state information for common
access in different servlets please?

When the second post occurs,   How do I check that I've got the right
users session data please, if there are a number of users logged in?

Is this the idea of passing the sessionID as a query string to the servlet
the normal way in which these two are matched? QueryString= session.getId() ?

Which raises the question, what to do on a mismatch? I guess that's down
to the application. The class appears not to have the ability to get
sessionData matching a  specific sessionID  value.

Regards DaveP.

**** snip here *****

--
DISCLAIMER: