tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Dynamic Connection
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:32:18 GMT
Sounds like you can just about totally abandon the idea of using any
pooling functions provided by DBCP.  If I were designing, I'd construct
an object that implements javax.sql.DataSource and store it in the
session as soon as you know what db is being used.  Then on each
request, get the DS from the session and use it as needed.  Just be sure
you only store the DS in the session -- don't store the connections.

I'm sure there are other ideas out there as well.

--David

micky none wrote:

>Hi Friends,
>I want to dynamically configure the database,username and password settings,instead of
putting them in conf/server.xml.In other words,I dont know beforehand which database to use,
>with which username and password.It all depends upon the person and the machine from which
it tries to make a connection.In yet another words,I just need to do what the BasicDataSource
is doing i.e get the
>connection details before making a connection.I am not quite sure if you got my point,but
this is what i've been asked to do and I