tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: precompilation and JSTL
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:10:55 GMT
Just a thought:

Last I knew using the j2ee jar w/ Tomcat == EVIL.  You can either use
the j2ee distribution on Sun's site OR Jakarta Tomcat (w/ j2sdk, not
j2ee), but never j2ee and jakarta tomcat together.  It'll create some
really ugly version conflicts.  If you use jakarta tomcat from
jakarta.apache.org, use the jar files that have the specific functions
you need instead.

For jstl, that would be the standard-1.1 tag lib available here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/index.html.  D/L the standard taglibs,
drop the jars in your WEB-INF/lib directory, and include the taglibs in
your web.xml per the docs.  Restart the context and your done.

--David