tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
Subject Re: Problem with including JspC generated web.xml fragment
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:19:37 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:

> Odd, I do not have this problem.
>
> Make sure you are building to a scratchpad. This means your web.xml is
> copied to a new location before you precompile. Then JSPC can edit it in
> place and you no not lose any of your changes.
>
> To get around the relative pathing issue - prefix your build with
> ${basedir}. For example:
> <jasper2 compile="true"
>          validateXml="false"
>          uriroot="${basedir}/${build.dir}"
>          poolingEnabled="false"
>          webXmlFragment="${basedir}/${build.dir}/WEB-INF/generated_web.xml"
>          addWebXmlMappings="true"
>          outputDir="${basedir}/${jspc.base}"/>

JspC can acually edit web.xml? Where is this documented? I can't find
any documentation of the jasper2 task except the old outdated jspc task
(including all the options/attributes) that is included with Ant.

Given that I have the whole web application in a directory called
webapp, whats the complete jasper2 command to transfor it into a webapp
with compiled jsps?

Regards,

Andreas