tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schoenwald <oliver.schoenw...@fernuni-hagen.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat arbitrarily freezes
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:51:13 GMT
Hi!

five days after my first question and no answer in sight. To bad.
So far, we have switched from JDK 1.4.2 to JDK 1.5 and from Tomcat
5.0.27 to 5.5.4 and the problem persists.
However, while under JDK 1.4.2 it was always the thread with id #2 under
JDK 1.5
it is still the thread "VM Thread", but now under id #4.

Using the better debugging features of JDK 1.5 (jstack, jmap) we could
pin down the problem in more detail:
whenever the problem starts, the output of jstack and jmap shows that
these debugging-tools have
more and more problems to give information about certain memory areas.
When the problem reaches its
climax, a bug number of memory areas are marked by jstack with an "Error
occurred during stack walking:"-Message
or by jmap with "UnmappedAddressException".

You see, at the moment we are only guessing what problem we have here.

Maybe someone has an idea how to analyze the problem more properly or
even know how to solve it (without changing some of the components like
using another servlet container engine or another JVM).

Thank you for any help,

Oliver Schoenwald
University of Hagen
Germany