tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <>
Subject Multiple domain names to a single site
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:06:04 GMT
I have three domains

I have setup a website with a hosting provider using Tomcat 5 which
contains the ROOT application and myapp application so currently
if user goes to they will go to ROOT application
and if they go to it will go to myapp

I now want to change the dns records of my domains to point to my website.

My question is are all the domains equal or is there a concept of a
master and aliases, i.e should I just change the nameservers  of all
three domains to use my hosts name servers or is it more complicated to
that for example I could map to redirect to

Also is it possible for to go straight to the relvent
application ( rather than the root
application (

Thanks Paul

To unsubscribe, e-mail: