tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garret Wilson <gar...@globalmentor.com>
Subject Re: Apache, Tomcat, WebDAV, and Web Folders... Oh, my!
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:33:28 GMT
Parsons Technical Services wrote:
>> Why is MS Web Folders doing this strange OPTIONS thing with "/" and
>> ignoring my 401 Unauthorized HTTP response?
>
> Did you close all IE windows prior to this last step? If not, then it
> never destroyed the session.

I have now---same result. (Why would I care if it had destroyed the
session or not?)

> As for the other, Google has several sites that simply say replace IE.

Good answer. I came up with that one a long time ago. But the problem
goes beyond IE---Web Folders is the root problem, here. I know, replace
the OS. While we're at it, I'd like to redesign HTTP... (Folding LWS?
What were they thinking?) And WebDAV. (Did no one realize that "DAV:" is
not a valid URI and therefore not a valid XML namespace? What were they
thinking?) ;)

> But past that there is one issue on M$ that has to do with the message
> you are getting from IE but doesn't match you setup. Might give you some
> ideas.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290227

No luck.

> On IE5 there was an error file (WecErr.txt file in your TEMP folder ).
> You might find one on IE6.

It doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks,

Garret