tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundb...@mdh.se>
Subject [mod_jk] Unable to get directory listings from Apache httpd 2 for versions 1.2.5 and above
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:32:36 GMT
Hi all

*Our setup:*
- Solaris 8
- Apache httpd 2.0.50
- Jakarta Tomcat Connectors mod_jk 1.2.4/1.2.5/1.2.6/1.2.8
- Tomcat 4.1.31

*How we want it to work:*
1. For all configured webapps (via JkMount directives) mod_jk should
forward the requests to Tomcat
2. For all jsp-pages (via a JkMount directive) mod_jk should forward the
requests to Tomcat
3. Accesses to a (non-webapp) directory (i.e. /examples/) should go to
(in order)
    - an index.jsp (via Tomcat)
    - an index.shtml (via Apache httpd)
    - an index.html (via Apache httpd)
    - show a directory listing (mod_autoindex in Apache httpd)

*Problems:*
With mod_jk 1.2.4 this works as expected. With versions 1.2.5, 1.2.6 and
1.2.8, number 3 above doesn't work. A request for /examples/ returns a
404 from Tomcat. Looking in the mod_jk log shows that it is trying to
serve the file index.jsp, but that file doesn't exist. It should have
returned a directory listing because no valid index-file (index.jsp,
index.shtml or index.html) was found.

The reason for upgrading is that we want to use the new JkUnmount
directive. We'll be using it to be able to see jsp-files via viewcvs,
like this:
     JkUnMount /cgi-bin/*.jsp connector80

*Configuration snippets*
httpd.conf
     Options Indexes Includes
     DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.shtml index.html
     JkMount /*.jsp connector80
     JkMount /webapp1/* connector80
     JkMount /webapp2/* connector80

We've also tried some of the new mod_jk directives forwards and
backwards including these:
     JkOptions -ForwardDirectories
     JkOptions +ForwardDirectories

Is there something wrong with our setup, our is there a bug in mod_jk?
The source-code change that set this off, I believe, can be found here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.c?r1=1.77&r2=1.78&diff_format=h

--
Dennis Lundberg, Utvecklingsledare, IT-avdelningen
e-post: dennis.lundberg@mdh.se