tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Srinivas Rao Ch" <>
Subject Session is too sticky
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:36:12 GMT

I am implementing clustering with Apache + Tomcat + mod_jk2. And, I
enabled Sticky Session. Sticky behavior is happening as expected.

I have a specific requirement. My DB connections for each cluster member
are limited. Once the cluster member's DB connections are exhausted it
has to redirect the request to other cluster members. I am doing this by
redirecting the request to LB again after invalidating the Http Session
(which is used by apache to provide the sticky behavior). I called
invalidate() on session and I am sure session is invalidated.

Still, the session is going to the same cluster member all the time. I
appreciate if somebody can direct me how to solve this problem.