tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Multiple domain names to a single site
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:03:26 GMT
Since you asked so nicely.

You will be working with the host entries in the server.xml

>From how I read this you want mycompany..com and .net pointing at the same
app. You can do this either at the dns level or in the host entry with an
alias. As for master slave the master will be the desired URL. If you want
people to use .com the set it up as your main entry and the redirect in the
dns or alias .net to it. This way when they get to the site the URL in the
address will be .com

If the mycompany site is the default site, as it appears to be, any URL that
points to the server IP that does not have a matching host entry will go to
the mycompany site. So you could just point both mycompany urls to the IP
and it will work. With this the URL will remain as typed .com or .net   For
public relations don't do this as confusion will result. Especially when it
comes to email.

For the myapp.com add a new host entry under the existing Engine tag "like"

      <Host appBase="webapps" name="www.myapp.com" debug="99">
prefix="myapp_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
      </Host>
Note logging will vary with version. Copy existing entry and modify.

In the myapp.xml for myapp.com, under the context tag change the path to be
"".

My setup differs in that myapp.com for me uses a different appbase from
webapps. So if something doesn't work hopefully someone can point out the
error.

Doug