tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Apache, Tomcat, WebDAV, and Web Folders... Oh, my!
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:56:11 GMT
<snip>

> Still using MS IE 6, I try to open http://www.example.com/webapp/webdav/
> as a Web Folder using File|Open... (as Web Folder). IE reports that it is
> unable to open the location as a Web Folder---would I like to see the
> default view? If I answer in the affirmative, IE sends a GET and shows me
> the directory listing.
>
> Why is MS Web Folders doing this strange OPTIONS thing with "/" and
> ignoring my 401 Unauthorized HTTP response?

<snip>

Did you close all IE windows prior to this last step? If not, then it never
destroyed the session.

As for the other, Google has several sites that simply say replace IE. But
past that there is one issue on M$ that has to do with the message you are
getting from IE but doesn't match you setup. Might give you some ideas.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290227

On IE5 there was an error file (WecErr.txt file in your TEMP folder ). You
might find one on IE6.

Good luck.

Doug