tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Kriger <andy.kri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reload log4j.properties on-the-fly?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:05:36 GMT
Right - I have logging in WEB-INF/classes that I can reload by
reloading the webapp (not a big deal).

What I'd like is to be able to reload the Tomcat logging (which uses
log4j in common/lib and configured in common/classes) without having
to restart Tomcat. It's a bit extreme to restart the server just to
change logging levels for an specific situation.