tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Kriger <andy.kri...@gmail.com>
Subject reset Resource with JMX?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:34:46 GMT
I have a webapp that defines a JDBC connection pool resource in
META-INF/context.xml. When I made a change to the resource name and
restarted the webapp, I found that Tomcat did not pick up the new name
- my JSP did not work and JConsole showed the old name for the
DataSource. I had to restart Tomcat to effect the change. I'm guessing
that though the resource is defined in the webapp, because the
connection pool is controlled by Tomcat maybe changes aren't picked up
on webapp restart?

Though I looked around the JMX beans exposed by JConsole and did not
see a way to refresh the Resource there, I figure it doesn't hurt to
ask the list if anyone knows if this is possible.

thx
andy