tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sun House <>
Subject RE: open Excel 2000 bug
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:47:08 GMT
 I tried that, and it did not help
it looks like maybe related to a subject of disabling WebDav from working with default servlet.
though if webDav is working, it is strage because i deleted the WebDav application from tomcat

Derrick Koes <> wrote:

Try calling response.reset() before setting content type.

Derrick Koes

(603) 821-3260

(603) 305-1753

No, try not, do
or do not, there is no try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sun House []
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:33 AM
Subject: open Excel 2000 bug

Hi All,
I have a JSP page that eventually opens Excel page.

I got my content type set to be "application/"
I also work with FOP to serialize the Excel.

I got this working for both Win 2000 and XP , and for Office XP and 2003, but for Office 2000
I got an Error generating the Ecxel.

If i look at localhost access log, I see that the page is somehow been called 2 again times:
GET /ExcelReportGenerationPage.jsp?reportName=ResourceExcelRep HTTP/1.1" 200 5120 LOCK /ExcelReportGenerationPage.jsp?reportName%3DResourceExcelRep
HTTP/1.1" 500 2170 GET /eBopBrowser/jsp/ReportGenerationPage.jsp?reportName=ResourceExcelRep
HTTP/1.1" 200 5120

I know that 500 indicates an internal Error of the server, but i don't understand what is
the lock doing here.
I understand that it relates ot webDav - but why is it here? od i use WebDav without my knowledge?
I use tomcat 5.027

How come in Excel 2000 i got this Error?
I looked in Microsoft and FOP mailing lists as well with no success.
Any one?

Sun House

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: