tomcat-users mailing list archives

From TomK <swanky303-tom...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JAR locking / Tomcat 5.5.4 / Windows
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:33:15 GMT
Success!  I was able to get the antiResourceLocking attribute to finally take effect with Tomcat
5.5.4.

The problem is the default Windows install does not set the "Working Path" (viewable on the
Startup/Shutdown tabs of the service manager that sits in the SysTray).   Once I set the working
path to the tomcat base directory, and restarted Tomcat, and deployed the WAR, the application
files were copied to the temp directory and run from there, just as promised.  Undeploy works
fine.     Interestingly, the directories created in the temp directory aren't deleted when
Tomcat is shutdown, for the same reason: the jar's are locked.

Dominik --  Regarding your statement that "the latest CVS version does not suffer from the
nasty jar locking."   I'll try it out later, but are you suggesting 5.5.7  will not have JAR
locking issues at all, and thus the antiResourceLocking and antiJARLocking attributes will
be unnecessary??

thanks
-tk

TomK <swanky303-tomcat@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks very much, I'll check the latest version out and post my results, in case anyone else
has this issue.

-tk

Dominik Drzewiecki wrote:
Siarhei Dudzin wrote:
> Did you find a solution?

FYI it has been fixed on 17/12/2004 and the latest CVS version does not
suffer from the nasty jar locking.
The root of the problem was the JasperLoader locking (using cached
getResourceAsStream()) the jars containing jsp tag libraries.
It works for me. Please do give it a spin and test for yourselves.
BTW, there seems to be 5.5.7 distro coming soon.

cheers,
/dd