tomcat-users mailing list archives

From TomK <swanky303-tom...@yahoo.com>
Subject JAR locking / Tomcat 5.5.4 / Windows
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:27:56 GMT
I've been following the recent threads regarding JAR locking with Tomcat 5.x on Windows platforms.
  A few people mentioned they had been able to get either the antiJARLocking or antiResourceLocking
attributes to work, so I've spent quite a bit of time trying out different scenarios and configurations,
under the impression that I must be missing something simple.....however, I've not yet found
a situation where either attribute has any effect on deploy/undeploy.

I've put together a simple app that illustrates the issue.    Here's how to replicate:
(I've actually started with a fresh, clean copy of Windows XP SP2)
1. Install JRE 5.0 (Update 1)
2. Install Tomcat 5.5.4, using windows installer.
3. Start Tomcat.
4. Using the manager webApp, deploy this WAR.
5. Point your browser to the webApp (named 'sample'), follow the link, enter data in sample
form, click OK.
6. note the [TomcatHome]/'temp' directory is empty.
7. Using the manager webApp, undeploy the sample app.

at this point, on my machine, struts.jar is left in the WEB-INF/lib directory.   Note that
at step 5, the application should be running from the 'temp' directory, which it is not.
  The context.xml for this webApp has the antiResourceLocking="true" value set.   Setting
this attribute in the global context.xml also has no effect.

Any ideas are appreciated.
thanks
tk