tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.0.28 running Windows 2003 Server CPU to 100%
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:51:43 GMT
I think it's something in Tomcat personally. I have had a customer report
this with our Application, which when run under Tomcat on Unix will run for
weeks at a time.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585

  _____

From: David Bilodeau [mailto:david.bilodeau@verizon.com]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 11:13 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 5.0.28 running Windows 2003 Server CPU to 100%

Can anyone point me to a thread discussing the following configuration or
something similar, where the discussion relates to the CPU running up to
100%?

Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition running IIS 6.0
Tomcat 5.0.28 installed and running (as a service)
SQL Server 2000 SP3 connected to Tomcat (and IIS), but running from another
server.

Our symptom is that after a few days the server CPU usage hits 100%, with
Tomcat consuming most of it.  Stopping and restarting each Tomcat virtual
site, or stopping & restarting the Apache service does not resolve the
issue.  Only a box reboot will.

I need some guidance as to where to suggest to the developers they should
look, presuming this is caused by the code.  I am the system admin of the
environment and so do not develop the code myself, but I am seeing this
symptom and now need to ask the developers to examine their code to find a
root cause.

I bet someone, somewhere, has run across this on a thread on this forum and
can point me to it?  I've been searching some but have not found much yet
that is recent.

Regards,

David Bilodeau
Enterprise Marketing & Sales Automation