tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Bilodeau" <david.bilod...@verizon.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.28 running Windows 2003 Server CPU to 100%
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:12:52 GMT
Can anyone point me to a thread discussing the following configuration or
something similar, where the discussion relates to the CPU running up to
100%?

Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition running IIS 6.0
Tomcat 5.0.28 installed and running (as a service)
SQL Server 2000 SP3 connected to Tomcat (and IIS), but running from another
server.

Our symptom is that after a few days the server CPU usage hits 100%, with
Tomcat consuming most of it.  Stopping and restarting each Tomcat virtual
site, or stopping & restarting the Apache service does not resolve the
issue.  Only a box reboot will.

I need some guidance as to where to suggest to the developers they should
look, presuming this is caused by the code.  I am the system admin of the
environment and so do not develop the code myself, but I am seeing this
symptom and now need to ask the developers to examine their code to find a
root cause.

I bet someone, somewhere, has run across this on a thread on this forum and
can point me to it?  I've been searching some but have not found much yet
that is recent.

Regards,

David Bilodeau
Enterprise Marketing & Sales Automation