tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Bilodeau" <>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.28 running Windows 2003 Server CPU to 100%
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:12:52 GMT
Can anyone point me to a thread discussing the following configuration or
something similar, where the discussion relates to the CPU running up to
Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition running IIS 6.0
Tomcat 5.0.28 installed and running (as a service)
SQL Server 2000 SP3 connected to Tomcat (and IIS), but running from another
Our symptom is that after a few days the server CPU usage hits 100%, with
Tomcat consuming most of it.  Stopping and restarting each Tomcat virtual
site, or stopping & restarting the Apache service does not resolve the
issue.  Only a box reboot will.
I need some guidance as to where to suggest to the developers they should
look, presuming this is caused by the code.  I am the system admin of the
environment and so do not develop the code myself, but I am seeing this
symptom and now need to ask the developers to examine their code to find a
root cause.
I bet someone, somewhere, has run across this on a thread on this forum and
can point me to it?  I've been searching some but have not found much yet
that is recent.
David Bilodeau
Enterprise Marketing & Sales Automation
Verizon Data Services, Inc.