tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <>
Subject Re: can't run tomcat with jsvc
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:14:54 GMT
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 09:41:07PM +0100, Haluk Durmus wrote:
: I wan't to use Tomcat 5.5.6 as our default Webserver on port 80.
: That's why I start it with "jsvc", that should give the chance
: to run on prots <1024  for nonroot-user.
: but get Error-Message in log file:
: jsvc.exec error: syscall failed in set_caps
: jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 4

Are you sure you're calling the Tomcat start script as root?

Send the output from strace and that will help us determine what's going

I found my post from a long time ago, concerning this same error:

However, my hypothesis at the time was based on trying to call jsvc as a
nonroot user.

software  --
tech news --

To unsubscribe, e-mail: