tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Passsionate <mohit4j...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Changing the URL
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:46:10 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat -5.0.25 , i had made an application named PED and placed it in the webapps
so when i type http://localhost:8080/PED . The application is working fine. Now what i want
is to do something so that when i type www.PED.com , the application should run. For this
i read the Tomcat Docs came to know about Alias Tag in HOST. And also of appBase attribute
form where our applications are found. I put the Alias Tag and gave the hello. And also changed
the appBase attrib. to webapps/PED . Now i thought that writing http://hello:8080 would start
my application but that didn't happened.Even only placing the Alias tag and trying http://hello:8080/PED
didn't work . Please let me know about this and also how the port is mapped .

Also how can i introduce SSL in my appl. Tell me the steps or the relevant link.

I am in immediate need.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Bye