tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Does JDBCRealm close connections?
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 02:55:26 GMT
Hey there--just wondering if JDBCRealm with Tomcat 4 ever closes
connections it opens...I'm assuming it can open up more than one
connection to the database if traffic gets heavy (because we think we're
seeing that, though it's hard to tell for sure).  If so, when does it go
about closing those connections?  I was reading about it here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/realm-howto.html#JDBCRealm

We're trying to debug a nasty problem, and we're wondering if a couple
hundred folks try to log in at the same time and there are only about
that many database connections that can be pooled (and a bunch of the db
connections are already in use by the web app), then does JDBCRealm just
keep opening up more and more connections to the database?

Thanks,
Stephen