tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Nillesen <dnill...@pobox.une.edu.au>
Subject Re: Hiding the context URL in Apache with mod_jk
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:32:28 GMT
On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 08:58 +0100, Mladen Turk wrote:
> David Nillesen wrote:
> > JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
> >
> > This means that the URL in a client is
> > http://purple.example.com/examples/index.jsp
> >
> > I'd actually like to map that into the URL:
> > http://purple.example.com/index.jsp
> >

> Search the archive from last month
> (Dec. 29, Thread 'Forwarding *all* webapps with mod_jk').
> I've explained why this is not possible.

Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation. My google-fu didnt pull up that
thread.

The only other option I could think of would be to deploy my app at the
root of a seperate webapp structure.

ie; instead of deploying my app to ".../webapps/someapp" deploy it to
".../webapps" directly.

Then I could create a host inside tomcat matching purple.example.com and
pointing its docbase at the webapp directly. mod_jk connections map
through nicely doing this and the URI/URLs line up.

However with this I keep getting the error "no context available" even
when I add one.

Tomcat doesnt seem to realise there is an app there and auto setup the
correct context. My manual contexts just dont work at all even when I
edit a working tomcat context to the new paths. The host works if I try
it normally however with my app deployed under a sub directory.

Would this be possible to do? I've failed in my attempts and I'd like to
know whether to pursue it or not.

Thanks,
Dave
--