tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Nillesen <dnill...@pobox.une.edu.au>
Subject Hiding the context URL in Apache with mod_jk
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 05:59:42 GMT
I'd appreciate a hand if possible as finding a way to do this is driving
me nuts.

I want to hide the context URL in an Apache2/mod_jk1.2.8/Tomcat4.1
configuration.

eg:

my virtual definition for the server purple.example.com contains the
line:

JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13

This means that the URL in a client is
http://purple.example.com/examples/index.jsp

I'd actually like to map that into the URL:
http://purple.example.com/index.jsp

which using mod_rewrite seems possible. However my jsp page sets a
cookie which immediatly triggers an error as the perceived path in the
client browser is wrong.

I think I need something like the old Jserv mapping where i can say:

(in fictional hopeful syntax)

JKMount /*.jsp	ajp13:examples/

Is there anything like this? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Dave

--
David Nillesen