tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Guy Katz" <gk...@allot.com>
Subject RE: Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:34:39 GMT
www.javaservlethosting.com is also considered one of the best out there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Taylor [mailto:paul_t100@fastmail.fm]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 6:27 PM
To: paul_t100@fastmail.fm
Cc: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform

I've taken a look at the recommended options and this is my view from
looking at the Websites provided.

1. WebConnexions has very little information regarding JSPs (there is
only one question regarding Java on Support) and the pricing ids
unfairly skewed to be cheaper for US accounts. Im a bit dubious about it
because I have already signed up with a supposed Java Host and found it
lacking.
2. MythicBeasts is very flexible but would require me to deal with the
administration of the whole machine which isnt something I really want
todo, having deployed by application I want to just leave it be as much
as possible.
3. NameOnTheNet looks promising, they only seem to do Java Hosting and
there is alot of support information and they are based in the UK so I
think I might give them a try.
4. AssortedInternet look OK, but they seem to cover so many different
types of hosting I am unsure of how important Java Hosting is, also
based in US.