tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Re: ConnectionPooling
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:03:26 GMT
People who have to figure out how to use other peoples work either have
messy hair or are bald.

There are three main pages for reference:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html#Database%20Connection%20Pool%20(DBCP)%20Configurations

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/globalresources.html

Now the basics. There are four pieces to the puzzle.

I am going for a Global Setup.

First is the server.xml Resource and ResourceParams elements. It appears
that you have these. Connects to the database and create a pool of
connections.

Second is the web.xml entry for the resource-ref.

Third is the Resource link placed in the apps context.

Fourth is the calling of the resource from code.

When you say "use to BasicDataSource to see thw no. of active connections "
is this you application or something built into Tomcat?

Doug