tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Errors Starting Up Tomcat 5.5
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:04:02 GMT
Not a 5.5 user, but have a couple of questions.

Has the examples ever worked?

Did you just try to add them?

Are you letting Tomcat deploy them from the war?

Have you tried to pull a virgin copy of the war file?

What OS are you on?

Are you hiring and how much......

Oops. Never mind that last one, got carried away a bit.


Doug


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ryan Austin" <reaustin@ucsd.edu>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 10:13 PM
Subject: Errors Starting Up Tomcat 5.5


> Hi All,
>
> I can start up tomcat and run the main page http://localhost:8080, but if 
> I try to go to the servlets examples
> it can't find the page...
>
> In the catalina.out log, there are errors that are only there when I keep 
> the servlets-examples directory in the webapps folder,
> if I take it out all the errors are gone.
>
> Here are the error.. any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> INFO: jsp: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester fatalError
> SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 1 column 3: The markup declarations 
> contained or pointed to by the document type declaration must be 
> well-formed.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup declarations contained or 
> pointed to by the document type declaration must be well-formed.
>        at 
> org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDecls(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at 
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDTDExternalSubset(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at 
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at 
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1561)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationWebConfig(ContextConfig.java:302)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:955)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:249)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4012)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:886)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:849)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1079)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1011)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1003)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:437)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2010)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:537)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig 
> applicationWebConfig
> SEVERE: Parse error in application web.xml
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup declarations contained or 
> pointed to by the document type declaration must be well-formed.
>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown 
> Source)
>        at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1561)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationWebConfig(ContextConfig.java:302)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:955)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:249)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4012)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:886)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:849)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1079)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1011)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1003)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:437)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
>        at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2010)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:537)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig 
> applicationWebConfig
> SEVERE: Occurred at line 1 column 3
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig start
> SEVERE: Marking this application unavailable due to previous error(s)
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error getConfigured
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context startup failed due to previous errors
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: default: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: jsp: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: SessionListener: contextInitialized()
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: default: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: jsp: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: default: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: jsp: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: default: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: jsp: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter: init(): ruleChain: 
> [org.apache.webapp.balancer.RuleChain: 
> [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.URLStringMatchRule: Target string: News 
> / Redirect URL: http://www.cnn.com], 
> [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.RequestParameterRule: Target param name: 
> paramName / Target param value: paramValue / Redirect URL: 
> http://www.yahoo.com], 
> [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.AcceptEverythingRule: Redirect URL: 
> http://jakarta.apache.org]]
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: default: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: jsp: init
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:05 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:05 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
> INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:05 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=1/68  config=null
> Jan 7, 2005 7:04:05 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 4485 ms
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
> 



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message