tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Long running requests and timeouts?
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:59:30 GMT
I have noticed that you have posted this before. I don't have an answer but
a couple of suggestions.

First have you tried turning up the debug level to 99 and seeing if anything
shows up in the logs. With any luck it might point to what is giving you
such grief.

Second. If all else fails, could you set up the process to write the file to
a temp directory. Then after x minutes make a call for the file? So:
Call to kick off process.
Process runs and writes the file to the temp dir, overwriting any previous
version.
After 10 minutes download file.

Third. Run the process with a tool to watch the process and see where it is
dying.

Fourth. Cause an error to get a stack trace. Then walk through the source
code for each class in the process until you find the cause.

Like I said, I know it's no answer but maybe it will lead to one.

Doug