tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat Won't Shutdown
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:39:54 GMT
Going out on a limb here and don't know how much help I will be.

> our questions are:
> 1) What got stepped on in Tomcat to cause this behavior?

My off the wall speculation is that the duplication of the jar files bit
you.

> 2) Is there another way to stop Tomcat (other than system reboot), to see
> if we can get it to restart gracefully?

I haven't done any work on SunOS but from the man pages it looks like a
ps -ef -u tomcat
replace tomcat with the user that tomcat is running as. You can omit the -u
tomcat part and it should list all processes and their user. Look for the
jvm or jsvc if started with that. If you know what user tomcat is running as
it should be listed, according to the man pages.
then do a
kill ?????
replace the ???s with the pid listed in the ps results

> 3) Is there a way to fix Tomcat, short of re-installing it?

Try removing the jar files.

Granted this leaves you with a problem but hopefully someone can help you
with that.

Doug