tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Inma Marín López <>
Subject Two versions of Tomcat running on the same pc at the same time
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:07:27 GMT
       I would like to have two versions of Tomcat (Tomcat 5.0.25 and Tomcat 5.5.4) running
on the same pc at the same time. Is it possible???
Firstly, I have tried to install Tomcat 5.0.25 first and then Tomcat 5.5.4, but when launching
either Tomcat, Tomcat 5.5.4 is executing.
Secondly, I have tried to install Tomcat 5.0.25 first, with "Start menu items" disabled, so
as to launch it manually. Then, I have installed Tomcat 5.5.4 with "Start menu items" enabled,
because it has not a "startup/shutdown.bat" file. In this case, I can only have one Tomcat
version executing at the same time.
Maybe, the problem is related to the service "Tomcat5" which has the same name in the two
Tomcat versions, but only one is installed.

I am not sure if I am following the correct steps.

Could you be so kind as to help me, please?

Thanks in advance.
Inma Marín.