tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <g_dev...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: reload log4j.properties on-the-fly?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:19:48 GMT
There's two approaches.

Configure tomcat to reload the context when class changes are made
(log4j.properties being in the classes directory, will count as a class
being changed, and then the whole context will reload).  We do this all the
time.

Log4j can be used in a manner where config changes are discovered at
run-time, though I've never tried it (and you should ask about in on the
log4j-user list)

Mike Curwen