tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Debayan" <deba...@rebaca.com>
Subject Problems connecting to Tomcat from remote machine
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 05:49:48 GMT
Hi all,

    I recently installed Tomcat 4.1.31 on Linux Fedora Core 3. I downloaded
the gzipped tar file from http://jakarta.apache.org and extracted it on a
suitable directory. I also started it in the usual way and did not see any
errors in the catalina.out file. I am also able to connect to the default
Tomcat home page from the local machine using the URL http://localhost:8080

    However, I am simply unable to connect to the default Tomcat home page
from any remote machine. The network interface on the Fedora box is fine -
and I am able to connect to it over SSH/SFTP from any remote machine.
However, I am not able to get to the Tomcat home page URL.

     Is there any specific configuration that needs to be done ? Any help on
this would be most welcome.

regards,
Debayan.