tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Payne" <DEN...@mtctrains.com>
Subject Re: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:31:21 GMT
Use cron in Unix/Linux or task scheduler in Windows.

>>> snalgonda@mypublisher.com 12-21-2004 08:44 >>>
Hi,
I am using Tomcat4.1.30 version.
I have to develop a client application which looks in the database
every 30
minutes,
to retrieve the status of an order and send the status to the remote
client.
Again waits for the
The client's response and insert the repsonse back to the database.

I wanted to do this in a servlet, so is there any way that i could run
this
servlet automatically inside the
Tomcat container, or is it configurable in servlet mapping? if so can
someone please suggest me with examples...