tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nestor Florez" <Nflo...@guhsd.net>
Subject help with html + servlet
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:24:50 GMT
Hello experts,

I am reading to the documentation, but I do not understand how to make it so that Tomcat executes
a servlet
as the action for an HTML file after the submit button is clicked.

I put my HTML code in the Tomcat 5.0\webapps\ROOT directory and I am putting my servlet in
the
Tomcat 5.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\florezn, but this does not work.  What Iam I missing

I am doing this for a homework and part one is supposed to be simple a HTML file that ask
for
your name and the servlet just display the named enter.  I am just missing where to put the
servlet.
I was reading a book that said that you put your servlets in the path/servlets/myservlet,
but then you access
the servlet by using path/servlet/myservlet.  This obviously different from Tomcat

This is probable very basic for you guys, but not for me.

Appreciate any help - Thanks,

:-)

Néstor Alberto Flórez Torres