tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julian Templeman <julian.temple...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with JAAS
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:56:26 GMT
I'm evaluating an ISP that uses Tomcat to host webapps, and am running
into a security problem.

Any webapp that uses FORM authentication triggers an error from JAAS,
saying that it can't find a login configuration. I'm certainly not
using JAAS, and have just been adding users to the tomcat-users.xml
file. I've been able to confirm that this happens with even the
simplest apps.

Can anyone give me any idea of what's going on here? My guess is that
somehow Tomcat is configured to use JAAS by default, but since I've
not used JAAS before now, I'm not sure where to look...

Thanks,

julian
in london