tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:15:33 GMT
Hello, Shilpa,

With Wade, I wonder what you want.  Apparently you have a client
making and order and being informed about the status of the order.
You say you have to develop a "client application" which looks to the
database.  Since this is a Tomcat list, that would seem to be a
"server application"?    Maybe by "client application" you mean a
"server application" to help clients?

If you are using a web, browser, based application, then you have to
wait for the client to check with you rather than "send the status to
the remote client".  Blah, blah, blah.

The point, I guess, is that you really need to say in more detail what
you are doing.  What does your client look like?  Can you create a
rich client?  Etc.

Jack

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this