tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ian Brandt <...@ianbrandt.com>
Subject Re: Won't deploy to root context even with Context path=""?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:58:37 GMT

More info and a solution:

I tried 5.5.4 with similar results.  I found that I could hit my app at
http://localhost:8080/, and use database connectivity, but no matter what
I still always got that error at startup.

On a tip from the author of AppFuse I:

mv $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT
mv $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml
Edited ROOT.xml setting docBase="ROOT" (path="" on 5.0.18, or removed
completely on 5.5.4).

That did the trick.

Regards,

Ian