tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ian Brandt <...@ianbrandt.com>
Subject Won't deploy to root context even with Context path=""?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:14:04 GMT

Hi,

I'm running 5.0.28.  I'm using the default $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml.
  I have removed the ROOT and example webapps leaving only admin, manager
(in server/webapps), and myapp (expanded into $CATALINA_HOME/webapps).  In
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml I have specified my
Context path="".  When I start the server I get:

INFO: Installing web application at context path /myapp from...

I then also get the apparently infamous:

[myapp] WARN [main] SettingsFactory.buildSettings(96) | Could not obtain
connection metadata
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null'

When I change the Context path back to ="myapp" in myapp.xml the JDBC
error goes away, so I'm assuming there's some sort of context mismatch
when I specify "" but Tomcat deploys to /myapp anyway.

So my question is why might Tomcat deploy my webapp to the context path
/myapp as opposed to the root context when I specify path=""?

Thanks!

Ian