tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Pradeep Chauhan" <Pradeep.Chau...@Indussoft.com>
Subject RE: [SPAM_EMAIL] - RE: Errors in Log file - Found word(s) list error in the Text body.
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:14:49 GMT
Hi ,

No, we are not connecting to a resource using sockets.

Is it possible that server is closing sockets after some interval of time by
default. and because we are not getting response in that interval of time
thats why it is generating such errors?

Thanks,
Pradeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com]
Sent: 02.12.2004 03:52 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: [SPAM_EMAIL] - RE: Errors in Log file - Found word(s) list
error in the Text body.


a cursory glance on Google with "tomcat java.net.SocketException: Connection
reset by peer"

This exception occurs when a client made a request, and before receiving the
full response, either of the following happened:

client's browser has been closed.
client's connection has been disconnected.
client presses the stop button.

This exception is normally harmless. It does not seem possible to trap this
exception with J2SE.

However you say you get error 500, so perhaps are you connecting to a
resource using sockets yourself from your web app??

// -----------------------

from http://java.sun.com/features/2002/08/j2se-network.html

Connection Reset by Peer :

One of the issues that developers frequently run into is the Connection
reset by peer exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read.

This basically means that a network error occurred while the client was
receiving data from the server. But what is really happening is that the
server actually accepts the connection, processes the request, and sends a
reply to the client. However, when the server closes the socket, the client
believes that the connection has been terminated abnormally because the
socket implementation sends a TCP reset segment telling the client to throw
away the data and report an error.

Sometimes, this problem is caused by not properly closing the input/output
streams and the socket connection. Make sure you close the input/output
streams and socket connection properly. If everything is closed properly,
however, and the problem persists, you can work around it by adding
Thread.sleep(1000) before closing the streams and the socket. This
technique, however, is not reliable and may not work on all systems.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pradeep Chauhan [mailto:Pradeep.Chauhan@Indussoft.com]
> Sent: 02 December 2004 10:15
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Errors in Log file
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> We have  Tomcat 4.1.12 in production. Sometime users get
> "INTER SERVER ERROR
> 500".
> In log files we have only two errors without any clues.
>
> Can any body explian the possible reasons of these errors.
>
> 1. java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket
> write error
> 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
> 	at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
> 	at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
> ................
>
>
> 2. java.lang.IllegalStateException
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade.sendRedirect(Co
> yoteResponseFa
> cade.java:340)
> 	at
> org.apache.jsp.DreamScreen_jsp._jspService(DreamScreen_jsp.java:564)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet
> Wrapper.java:2
> 04)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet
> .java:289)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilt
> er(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appli
> cationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardW
> rapperValve.ja
> va:260)..............
>
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Pradeep Chauhan
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>


<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL" COLOR=BLUE>
-------------------------------------------------------
QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
<a href="http://www.qas.com">www.qas.com</a>
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
-------------------------------------------------------
</FONT>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message