tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pradeep Chauhan" <Pradeep.Chau...@Indussoft.com>
Subject Log issues in Tomcat 4.1
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:08:50 GMT
Hi All,

In one of my production we are using Tomcat 4.1.

Problem is if we didnt restart the tomcat services for 1 month thne log size
of STDout.log become more then 1 GB.

I know we can reduce that by avoiding System.out.println.
But we need that to get the root cause of some issues which are data
related.

Is there another way by which we can reset thew log file daily or Tomcat
create new log files without restarting the Tomcat services .

Thanks and regards,
Pradeep Chauhan

DISCLAIMER:
This message, including any attachments contains confidential and privileged information for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies of the original message.
this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.
Indus and R Systems International Ltd reserves the right to record, monitor, and inspect all
email communications through its internal and external networks. Your messages shall be subject
to such lawful supervision as Indus and R Systems International Ltd deems necessary in order
to protect its information, interests and reputation.
Indus and R Systems International Ltd prohibits and takes steps to prevent its information
systems from being used to view, store or forward offensive or discriminatory material.