tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Peterson" <jpeter...@romanmealmilling.com>
Subject RE: not starting up
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:54:40 GMT
ok I looked at the logs and updated java to 1.5.0 and am now getting this
error

dl failure on line 704Error: failed
/opt/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because
/opt/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so: symbol dl_iterate_phdr, version
GLIBC_2.2.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 8:30 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: not starting up

Hi,
Look at your logs in $CATALINA_HOME/logs.

It seems like you're running a tomcat version you built yourself?  If
so, you might wish to try one of the provided binary distributions.

Finally, note that the startup.sh script returns right away anyways, it
doesn't keep the console after launching Tomcat.  So that part at least
is normal behavior.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

sender.  Thank you.