tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Razzakul H Chowdhury" <razzakul.chowdh...@jsums.edu>
Subject Web App Installation Problem
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:42:55 GMT
I have installed the Tomcat 4.1.3 in Windows 2000 workstation. I am having
difficulties in running Servlet for any other Web Apps installed through the
Manager. To track the error I have copied the folders and files (keeping the
directory structure intact) inside folder “..\webapps\myservlet” . The
examples JSP can be run but not the example Servlet. I have put my own
Servlet (class) inside the “..\webapps\myservlet\WEB-INF\classes” and called
it through a link from an html file. It didn’t work. I also have tried to
install the directory of Web Apps from C:\  following the procedure
mentioned in the Manager. That didn’t work too. Following is the error
message:

HTTP Status 404 - /myservlet/servlet/RequestHeaderExample

 description The requested resource
(/myservlet/servlet/RequestHeaderExample) is not available

 Could any one please help me in solving the problem.

 Thanks.

 Razzakul