tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: I don't know what's wrong.
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:52:42 GMT
> From: Warron French [mailto:wfrench@xtria.com]
> Yes, I do have JBoss-3.2.5 running on this server.  I have
> also recently
> found out that the data is on a windows server running MSSQL.
>  Any ideas on how to test that connectivity?

One approach is to start SQL Profiler on the SQL Server box (ask a DBA
if you can't get to the box yourself) and watch for connections from
your JBoss server.  Then run a page that you reckon makes a connection
to the server.  If they see a connection, it's probably working :-).

If not, you'll need to know:

- Your connection details to the SQL Server, especially whether you're
using SSPI or username/password security;

- If using SSPI, the Windows login under which the JBoss server
[probably!] is running.

Then you can use an appropriate diagnostic tool (ask me again!) to try
to make a connection to the database.  Are you running JBoss on Windows
or UNIX?

		- Peter