tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Best place to store files ?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:00:53 GMT
> From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
> Tomcat is not deficient or lacking here in any way: if
> something is lacking, it's the Servlet Spec, but I personally
> don't think it's lacking because there's still a use-case for
> the no-filesystem servlet container.

Hmm.  Sorry, Yoav, but I think that's specious.  There's still a
use-case for the motorcycle, but it doesn't invalidate the use-case for
the station wagon.  Similarly, there is a use-case for the no-filesystem
servlet container, but I would argue that that is a special case
(possibly achieved via configuration) of a more general servlet
container.

		- Peter