tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vakulenko, Andrey V" <andrey.vakule...@eds.com>
Subject IIS replacement
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:38:11 GMT
I am trying to move a Java web application (Tomcat 3, IIS, Windows 2000) to
Win 2003 server. I already know that there is no way to make tomcat working
with IIS 6 (without switching in IIS 5 mode). So, my next question is if I
can get rid of IIS? I am using IIS now to get Windows integrated
authentification and provide userID to my application for using in role
based security. Are new versions of Tomcat (4 and 5) provide functionality
to authentificate users (with providing UID to the application thru server
variable) and if so can you direct me to documentation?  Once again the app
is old and does not require other functional Tomcat upgrade (servlet API and
so on). Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrey V. Vakulenko