tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cyril Godefroy <cy...@ecomposite.fr>
Subject mod_jk config on mac os x (Modifié par Cyril Godefroy)
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:15:06 GMT
  I have some trouble using mod_jk to connect my apache web server and
my tomcat app server with mod_jk.  I use mac Os X 10.3.6, Tomcat 4.1.31
Apache 2.0.57 mod_jk 1.2.5

here's my mod_jk.conf:
  LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile /usr/local/tomcat/conf/workers.properties

# Where to put jk logs
  JkLogFile /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log

# Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
  JkLogLevel trace

# Select the log format

# Send everything for context /front to worker named worker1 (ajp13)
  JkMount /front/* tomcat1

---------------------------------

Here's my workers.properties:

# Specifically for mac os x

workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/tomcat
  workers.catalina_home=/usr/local/tomcat
  workers.java_home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
  ps=/

# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
  worker.list=tomcat1

# -----------------------------
  # First tomcat server for front
  # ----------------------------
  worker.tomcat1.port=8009
  worker.tomcat1.host=localhost
  worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13

I have an ajp13 connector in server.xml listening to port 8009

Apps are accessible on the standalone http port of tomcat (in that case
8080, not the default 9006 from Panther) i.e.
http://localhost:8080/front/app
  but not on http://localhost/front/app

What's wonderful is I get absolutely no error in any log file (except
for 500 Internal Server Error printed out in Safari)...

  Using the autoconf feature of tomcat (with include
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf) gives different results:
servlets don't work but html pages are accessible (I have apache for
that ;-).

Hints, comments, ideas are welcome.

Cyril

eCOMPOSITE