tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "pandu yelamanchili" <pan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:58:21 GMT
I would say it should be avoided at all if possible using threads. Since as
we know in case of threads, there is not much management you can do. Also in
my experience i have seen it is very easy for them to get out of control .
So if there are any other alternatives, They should be explored first before
threads.

I am not sure if Tomcat supports MBeans, But I remeber in JBOss, you could
create MBeans and schedule them in the container.

Pandu