tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paulo Alvim" <al...@powerlogic.com.br>
Subject integrated login between servers
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:55:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm using a cluster with two machines each one running 4 identical war
files.

But I'll need to keep another application isolated in a third machine...The
point is that I'd like to keep my integrated login when users jump from the
cluster to this app (I'm using Tomcat 5.0.28 single signon feature and my
dispatcher just redirects to one of the cluster's servers...so single signon
is working ok in the cluster environment).

I'm thinking about to use "commons-httpclient" to connect from one of the
clusters apps to the isolated one (giving it the user credentials) and
trying to get the session cookie and send it to the user in the url using
redirect...but it's just a first idea.

Is there any other (maybe more elegant) way? Anyone has already tried this
before? Will it work?

Thanks in advance!

Paulo Alvim
Powerlogic - Brazil