tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aris Javier" <aris.jav...@eazix.com>
Subject RE: Help: Windows Server on Linux Client
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:48:54 GMT
thanks for your reply Doug...

I find it really weird... I have tried to access my web app in linux
using
firefox... and it works! but in mozilla, konqueror in linux,
authentication error
occurred.. =|

"Anonymous Access" is still disabled.. coz I only want domain users to
access
the app... I will try to read/study realm... so now I will have to
maintain two user database?
one Active Directory and one Realm?

All of my users have accounts in active directory though...

-----Original Message-----
From: Parsons Technical Services [mailto:parsonstechnical@earthlink.net]

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 11:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Help: Windows Server on Linux Client

Aris,

Do want the only people that use the app to be domain users?

If so, then you will need to implement a different security system if
users will be on non windows machines.

One option is the authentication roles in Tomcat. Down side is that the
database of users will have to be maintained separate from AD. Pro is
the
users do not have to be in AD.   JDBCRealm

Check out:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html

Also look at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/windows.html

If you do not need to restrict the access to the application then enable
the Anonymous access.

Doug
www.parsonstechnical.com